DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming up on 30k, and manual reccommends spark plugs and tire rotation. what spark plugs would yall recommend that give ultimate performance?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Plugs

The best plugs for your application really are the dealer copper plugs. Anything else and you are risking a rough idle or damage.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Stick with the OEM type copper plugs. The Hemi is not happy with the fancy plugs.
If you DIY this, make sure you use some anti-seize on the plugs and dielectric grease on the boots. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have a 08 and just changed my spark plugs at 52,000 and they looked pretty nasty. I bought the truck with 40,000 miles on it and it just proves you cant assume anything with a used vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Plugs

When I changed mine at 32,000 my plugs looked like it was needed but I have heard that people not changing them till 60,000. I don't suggest it but I enjoy working on my truck and not paying someone labor.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Has anyone looked at their plugs at 30K and seen any reason they wouldn't go to 50K easily?
I had my plugs changed at 32,000 and they were worn a bit but not much. I will stick to the 30,000 change interval just because it can't hurt and I do the work myself so its not that expensive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just changed mine at 68,000 kms with Autolite DPs. Couldn't find the OEM Champs anywhere around here..NFalls Ontario and NY..Oh well. Dealer here in Cda wanted $10.50 per plug x 16= WTF... got em at Autozone in NFalls NY for $4.50 per, plus a $2.00 per plug mail in rebate. How can they do that here in the great white north??
Anyways, was a relatively easy change except for the 2 on each side closest to the firewall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts