DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2015 Ram 2500 with the non-alpine Uconnect 8.4 system. 6 speakers total. I pulled all the speakers out and put it my Kenwood Excelon speakers that I have had. I had them in my 2014 ram and took them out before I got rid of it. I used the connectors that are compatible with the factory connector so I didn't have to splice anything. When I went to turn the truck on I now have no sound from the drivers door or front driver's side tweeter. All other speakers work and I've tried adjusting the fade and balance which works as it should just no sound from the speakers I mentioned. Any thoughts or advice?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
Its a pita, but swap the speakers around. Left to right and see if problem is that side or those speakers. Check everything while in there. Make sure no wires pulled out of the ends and whatnot. Test em before door panels go back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I feel dumb now... The night I installed them I re-checked the door woofer and swapped it out with the original oem speaker and had nothing so I had it in my head it was a bigger electrical issue. Tonight I pulled the tweeters and checked them which one of them must have had a loose connection and been shutting down the signal to the driver's door and tweeter. So all is good now. I should've known to re-check all connections. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
I bought and installed a powered sub kit for mine. Came with 10" sub powered by a 200 watt amp and another amp for the stock speakers. 50 watt X 4. I had already swapped out my six speakers. Installed the whole thing, taking my time, knowing I missed nothing. Not true. I should have laid it all out without putting anything in permanent and see if it worked, because it didn't. I had to uninstall it all and send it back. So, easy to miss the forest through the trees sometimes.

Turns out, the kit was originally labeled as compatible with my year. After ordering and receiving the kit, it was changed to not compatible. Another guy tried to install it and it wouldn't work. I was only the second person to install it in a 2018. Apparently something changed and it will no longer work. Should have laid it all on the floor and hooked it all up and cranked it up to make sure it worked before running all the wiring and installing the one amp up under the dash in a PITA spot. That took a lot of time and pain. Lessons learned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts