DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow SSV package drivers out there? I recently purchased one, and have a few questions and would like to discuss your overall experience with the truck.

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
What exactly is the SSV Ram? Is it the Police one?

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SSV = Special Service Vehicle.. I was drawn to it because I couldn't really beat the price. It's a 2011 with 7000 miles. Demo truck for Dodge. Personally, I don't mind the combination of the Commercial Package, Laramie Package, and SLT. It's a really good blend for me. Of course, the bonus is that it's equipped with all the base lighting equipment from whelen which I plan to convert to all Red for future endeavors with Fire Service. There are some "undocumented idiosyncrasies" with this truck that i'm trying to firm up. For example, there's a metal toggle switch located right next to the diagnostic port. And yes, it actually appears factory. Of course, I can't find any records that point to it's use. So, for now, it's like a "don't flip this" switch and the mystery is killing me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your interest. Hoping someone comes along with some insight. I'm assuming the 2011-? Models are similar. Perhaps I should try a post outside of the 2011 category.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts