DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and installed the Spectre kit (model#9931)on my '99 Ram 5.2. I am very satisfied with the outcome both aesthetically and performance wise.
The directions were pretty straight forward , but I did encounter some flaws in this product during the install.
:smiledown:1-The breather hose they supplied was way too short. The diagram in the instructions shows the connection from the engine on the passenger side, but on my 5.2 it is actually on the driver's side. a quick trip to Autozone remedied this problem. They sell various heater hoses by the foot and just shy of 4ft. did the trick w/some excess play.
:smiledown:2-one of the bolts needed to secure the heat shield box was not on my truck. The hole was there with no bolt. luckily I have an assorted array of bits and pieces in my home so a short search turned up a proper replacement.

:smileup:Other than these problems, this was an overall easy install. I have noticeable increase in accelerator response and power.
Better (low growl) sound from my cat back flowmaster50 dual exhaust.
Too soon to guage MPG though.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup:Well in all im glad it worked out for you. Do you have any pics of this............You know us...LOve the pics.:smileup:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
That was back in March haha I doubt he will post them now. He definitely forgot to do it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts