DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Spectre Cold Air Intake CAI 97 Ram 1500 installed pics

8637 15
Okay, I always put CAI in my vehicles love them. Anyway at Pepboys and see they have one for my truck. I can get cheaper online, but I liked the look of this one and oiled filter which I like. Here are some pics, straight forward and easy only thing a hose (breather, whatever may see in pic) too short, not prob spent two bucks got one more than enough will position that hose better in future, but 96 degrees that day. Performance good when combined with my aftermarket exhaust ( same company for magnaflow without stamp) Sound like a vaccuum when punched on a 360.

Oh put some foglights, never done before and super easy were really for RV. I will yank off now and get better ones for truck since I know how easy they are now.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
45,442 Posts
Nice job on that man, looks great and thanks for the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have one on my my Ram, very easy install.Only problem was the breather hose being to short. For a couple bucks more you can pick up one at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im diggin the CAI ideas coming around, but I have to ask, On my 5.9 is their a hands down leader? I have heard good and bad about both Spectre and K&N. I think the K&N is a little easier to get around here for me but I'd be willing to go out of my way if you think the Spectre is better. Secondly, could you explain the oiled filter? I don't think I have even heard of that. Sounds interesting at least

·
Registered
16 rebel hemi quad cab
1,271 Posts
I was a little iffy on the quality of the spectre for being that cheap but if the guys w/ it like it I guess its just a good deal looks like the ones ive seen are metal though id def wanna wrap that in a heat wrap or something

·
Registered
330 Posts
Im diggin the CAI ideas coming around, but I have to ask, On my 5.9 is their a hands down leader? I have heard good and bad about both Spectre and K&N. I think the K&N is a little easier to get around here for me but I'd be willing to go out of my way if you think the Spectre is better. Secondly, could you explain the oiled filter? I don't think I have even heard of that. Sounds interesting at least
What is an oiled filter you ask? Some if not most KN air filters come out of the box pre-oiled. The oil on the filter helps to trap particulates from becoming embedded into the pleats of the filter. These filters are washable/reuseable and should last the lifetime of your vehicle if you properly maintain your air filter. I don't know much about the spectre filters. I've always used kn filters in all my vehicles and have no complaints. Run a search for the knfilters web page, they provide lots of reading material about thier oiled filter products

·
Registered
769 Posts
Spectre

just dropping my two cents here but Im running a Spectre and Im impressed. I switched over from a k&n 2 months ago n dnt plan on going back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.