DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my '96 mustang gt for an '02 4.7L ram single cab. Everything on the truck works great, except for the cluster. When I accelerate, the speedometer seems fine until about 35, then it'll skip to 40, then to 50, it's just everywhere except my actual speed. My rpm's do it randomly too, but not all the time. Usually I'll be doing 70 on the highway but my speedometer will show 50-55 cause it's stuck. Also, the tempature guage shows I'm running pretty cool, which is better than hot I guess, but still. I think it skips too. Maybe it does run in the middle but the needle is stuck? I don't know, but it's pissing me off!

Could it be that I just need to pull all the needles off and put them back on, maybe they're stuck on to hard. Or could it be an electrical problem? HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used to manage a truck and car rental place and ran into that problem quite a few times. Turned out that alot of the vehicles we bought from the auction were origionally from Canada and had the cluster switched out just before they were sold. It was a real pain in the rear as the dealers would not cover this problem under Warranty due to it being switched out. Not sure if there is any possibility that this is the case for yours. Hope someone else has had this problem and can point to other fixes for yah.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts