DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a spintech muffler in their truck?? If so how do you like it and do you have a video?

I ran their mini boxes on my drag car but have never heard them on a street application like a hemi or anything

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd like to hear one on a Hemi. I had the 4" Spintech on my '02 Z28 and it sounded really great, awesome sound but it wasn't very loud with the cats still on the car. I wish I'd have gutted them and it'd probably have sounded alot louder/better. But I sold it and went with 3" TD's and 1-chamber Flowmasters.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That sounds amazing! I can only assume, howver, that that muffler is not the only thing that truck has. It sounds cammed a little. I checked their website, and they have a 3" system, but it doesnt say for what year or even give details about the system. My '11 curaintly has the stock exhaust, but with the muffler removed. Would adding one of these mufflers make it louder/more rumbly?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds amazing! I can only assume, howver, that that muffler is not the only thing that truck has. It sounds cammed a little. I checked their website, and they have a 3" system, but it doesnt say for what year or even give details about the system. My '11 curaintly has the stock exhaust, but with the muffler removed. Would adding one of these mufflers make it louder/more rumbly?

Nothing wil be louder than straight piped which by reading your description sounds like you are. Adding a low restriction muffler will help you not sound like hell is coming through the ground under your truck at 1400RPM.

Spintech's are known to have a nice deep rumble to them and freakin scream up top. They have unique baffles that help kill dB but dont kill hp.

I have seen too they have a kit for our trucks, but i doubt its for the 4th gens. Im not one really though for haveing an "off the shelf" catback anyway. I like my stuff to sound unique and fitted to my personal tastes

I've got the 6000 pro street on order to be delivered monday. I'll post a video :]
Thank you! Those are what I have run before on stip/street cars and what i was really looking into hearing about lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you think that by removing the muffler and adding straight pipe ( I still have my resos) that I could have lost power in comparison to say, putting in a spintech? We have no Dynos up here so all I have to go off of is my butt dyno.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats such a double egde sword. I would bet by just the straight pipe you lost power down lower (off the line) but gained up top. Thats just how it usually works but every vehicle is different.

By going with a performance muffler over the stock one you usually use just a tad down low and pick up a ton in the mid range and level off just barely above stock up top

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here ya go SS4Luck:smileup:

Alright so I've got the spintech 6000 bolted on dumped before axle. The drone is horrible from 1500 2000 which is probably a given being dumped.

I got some videos they aren't the best. I didn't wanna be "that guy" that says he's gonna post pics/videos and dissapears into the sunset never to be seen again.

I'm either going to pipe it to the back or strap the magnaflow back on. After I decide which one I really want I'll then get it welded:thk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyTc5JJe4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5-vDBKTrcQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IC3375YSq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuijd05ZKOE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnVKlV8bbI

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PERFECT!!!

Im ordering a moroso spiral flow tomorrow because
1) I ran/run the on my camaro and love them
2) they are 50$
3) they are $50 and i need a backup for when my camaro scrapes through another and incase i dont like it spintech goes on the truck moroso goes on the extra parts shelf!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Dont see how there could be a drone with as quiet as that sounds mines like 10 times louder and i hear no drone but i also dont run MDS lol!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Do you think that by removing the muffler and adding straight pipe ( I still have my resos) that I could have lost power in comparison to say, putting in a spintech? We have no Dynos up here so all I have to go off of is my butt dyno.
The power difference between a straight pipe and a straight through muffler (like magnaflow, and I assume spintech is similar) is negligible. Maybe a few hp at the most(straight pipe having more).

EDIT: That truck above does sound great...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fred u r right I added 18" after the muffler. It puts the tip right at the axle and the drone is gone.
Hey i'm looking to be installing a SpinTech as well.

Could you please explain what you mean by the above? So once the muffler is installed after the cat, there should be atleast 18" of piping after the muffler? Wouldn't this be the case regardless since the muffler sits after the cat?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the spin tech 9000 series on my truck. Just replaced the muffler and everything else is stock. Really sounds good, very happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts