DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Longhorn with the stock fender flares. Any thoughts if I should add splash guards for added protection and if so what type?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Get the moulded ones from your dealer. My Laramie was ordered with them and the dealer installed them. They fit and look very well and have the proper contours. The after market ones don't have the same shape and don't fit as well IMO.

Jim in Pa:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just got a set of the heavy duty MOPAR rubber ones with the RAM logo for the rear... I have front and back sets brand new. These are molded for the flared fenders, and have the cutouts for fitment on the front. (MOPAR factory stock)

I didn't really care for the look when I put the first one on, so I took it off and boxed them back up.

They are brand new, and for the flared fenders as well. If you're interested, let me know. I got them for $85 for both front and backs. I'd be willing to let them go a bit cheaper if need be.

Let me know.

I have a 2012 Longhorn with the stock fender flares. Any thoughts if I should add splash guards for added protection and if so what type?

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Get the moulded ones from your dealer. My Laramie was ordered with them and the dealer installed them. They fit and look very well and have the proper contours. The after market ones don't have the same shape and don't fit as well IMO.

Jim in Pa:smiley_thumbs_up:
Do you ahve any pics that you can post... i also have a Longhorn and was curious about the fender flares....

Thanks,

Ed

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I have these... fit the flares well.. come with the protective tape... and are just enough to keep things off the step bars n paint...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tks for all the help...appreciate it. I'll check out the dealership and then I might get in touch JNRAM

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tks for all the help...appreciate it. I'll check out the dealership and then I might get in touch JNRAM
These are what mine look like...

Here's a pic of them, but they are black, very black (like the pic above). The pic doesn't show them black for some reason... (They are brand new in package - I opened, installed one, and took it back off - didn't like the look that much on my truck... so I'm willing to part for a decent price for the set of four)

·
Registered
168 Posts
They look just like the ones I have minus the chrome ram plate on the rear... I like them on your truck, and mine is fairly similar (same color scheme) Maybe I just needed to give them a chance... I didn't like how the rear flap hung over the flare a bit... only about 1/2-1in at most, but it bothered me. Seeing them on your truck, it doesn't bother me. Strange.

Thanks for the pics too!

Here are some pics of my mud flaps, not that great of pics hopefully this helps you.;) The third pic is where the flap is cut to fit on the front

·
Registered
360 Posts
They look just like the ones I have minus the chrome ram plate on the rear... I like them on your truck, and mine is fairly similar (same color scheme) Maybe I just needed to give them a chance... I didn't like how the rear flap hung over the flare a bit... only about 1/2-1in at most, but it bothered me. Seeing them on your truck, it doesn't bother me. Strange.

Thanks for the pics too!
This is how these flaps are, they keep the mud, rocks etc. off the truck. They protect better than the moulded ones, I don't mind the overhang, yes it takes away from the look of the truck a bit, but protects it good.:smiley_thumbs_up:

did you install yourself, any drilling involved.
Dealer installed for free with the truck purchase, and they drilled holes. You can get no drill flaps, just look online, not sure exactly where???:4-dontknow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts