DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
10,365 Posts
^^Correct the 06-09s do not. They do share the same underneath though, just the covers are different.

I can not find any side shots with one of those bumpers though, but from the side wouldn't think they would be to different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah i dont think itd be to much diffrent.. did the 3rd gen rear bumper bolt right up or did tht also require some moddification?

·
Registered
63 Posts
hm well when do you plan on doing it.. ill prob just see how urs goes and see if i fell like its over my head or not.. but i think id prob install the sport grille if i install the 3rd gen bumper cause i think the curve in it would flow with the bumper a little bit better

·
Banned
10,365 Posts
Yeah I think so too. Not sure when I will get to the bumpers, I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and the wife wants it done. She has no counters, cupboards, or a sink at the moment ;) she is not happy doing dishes in the bathroom.

I am hoping in the next month to get the rear on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
haha yeah well thats understood gotta make the woman happy so she doesnt interfere with the project lol... but im looking forward to seeing it

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok...i know that everyone wants to change their chrome bumper to a sport but i have the opposite problem....

i have an 02 ram 3500 sport (OLD body style) that i want to change to a normal front end...it is my welding truck and because it is a sport i can simply just not find anyone who makes a push bar that will fit....so either i swap the front or a make my own push bar which i really dont want to do if i dont have to...

so my question is basically whats involved ?? i have no idea how possible this actually is.... is it a fairly simple swap?? i have 2 ram 1/2 tons (95 +97) that i could even use the bumpers from if need be....

any help would be appreciated...
I have the 97 3500 sport and was able to put a ironcross bass bumper on with no problems..
ok...i know that everyone wants to change their chrome bumper to a sport but i have the opposite problem....

i have an 02 ram 3500 sport (OLD body style) that i want to change to a normal front end...it is my welding truck and because it is a sport i can simply just not find anyone who makes a push bar that will fit....so either i swap the front or a make my own push bar which i really dont want to do if i dont have to...

so my question is basically whats involved ?? i have no idea how possible this actually is.... is it a fairly simple swap?? i have 2 ram 1/2 tons (95 +97) that i could even use the bumpers from if need be....

this is my 97 sport 3500 with a ironcross bumper that wasn't supposed to fit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts