DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the right side-view mirror on my garage when I was backing out today. I have a white 2011 Crew Cab Sport. I'm hoping to find out if any of you guys know what parts I need.

The damage done is: Mirror is cracked/shattered
The white shell (sport edition) is now has visible scratches from the wall

As far as I can tell there is no major damage to the exterior of the side-view other than the scratches on the white shell, which i'd like to replace.

Hopefully you guys can send me in the right direction, or at least give me a rough estimate of the $$ damage i've done :sad:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I would almost be willing to bet that any auto glass shop would be able to set you up with a mirror, especially if the you didn't lose any metal or plastic parts

In the past i have broken side mirrors & go right to the glass shop in town, they do automotive, residential, & commercial glass & mirrors
They even have sand blasted & acid etched mirrors, beautifully designed

But if you want something more stock
http://www.automirrorglassonly.com/catalog.php/automirrorglass/dt29620/Ram_1500_2500_3500

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't lose any metal or parts, but I did notice that the plastic sport edition cover is a little more lose from being jarred, but I may be able to fix that by figuring out how it is installed, and taking it off and putting it back on.

So if the entire unit (arm, automatic adjustment mechanism, etc...) are in working order, I should be able to just take it to an auto glass place and have it fixed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I have an additional question after searching the forums. Is the white mirror finish that came stock on my Sport Edition simply a snap on mirror cover?

Could I buy a stock black plastic non-sport edition side-view mirror and then move the Sport Edition cover onto it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
To answer your question above: It is not a snap on part. Since mine was crashed I was able to see it is a integral part of what holds everything together.

I recently went through this. I have a black sport and I crushed my passenger side mirror. I had to replace it with the expensive factory mirror for the following reasons. My Sport mirror had the following:
1.) Paint matched body
2.) auto dimming
3.) Power adjustments
4.) Power heating

These 4 things were not found in any non-oem mirror I could find. It came to $325 (with shipping) to get a replacement mirror. I looked into replacing both mirrors with lower cost alternatives but those were roughly $130-160 each (total of $260-320) and so the total cost was too close. I liked the look of factory mirrors and ended up saving for a while and then bought the factory replacement. Here is the link to where I found my best deal: http://www.partswebsite.com/dcjpartsdept/

The part number for a black passenger side mirror is: 1QL201XRAD

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
the actual glass that goes into the mirror, comes in 2 types, heated or not
It is only stuck on with double sided tape to the inner workings of the mirror, even the original mirror glass is that way
The glass just sticks to the parts that adjust & move

The site that i posted above is just the glass & tape, both heating type & not heated

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To answer your question above: It is not a snap on part. Since mine was crashed I was able to see it is a integral part of what holds everything together.

I recently went through this. I have a black sport and I crushed my passenger side mirror. I had to replace it with the expensive factory mirror for the following reasons. My Sport mirror had the following:
1.) Paint matched body
2.) auto dimming
3.) Power adjustments
4.) Power heating

These 4 things were not found in any non-oem mirror I could find. It came to $325 (with shipping) to get a replacement mirror. I looked into replacing both mirrors with lower cost alternatives but those were roughly $130-160 each (total of $260-320) and so the total cost was too close. I liked the look of factory mirrors and ended up saving for a while and then bought the factory replacement. Here is the link to where I found my best deal: http://www.partswebsite.com/dcjpartsdept/

The part number for a black passenger side mirror is: 1QL201XRAD

Hope that helps
Is this what you ended up ordering? Did you install it yourself?

Mirror assy, W/power, w/body color, Bright white Right List Price : $442.00
Your Price : $310.05

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is this what you ended up ordering? Did you install it yourself?

Mirror assy, W/power, w/body color, Bright white Right List Price : $442.00
Your Price : $310.05
That's the one and the price is the same as I paid (before shipping). I made sure to put in my comments section of the order form the make, model, color and year of my truck. I asked them to make sure I got the correct part and I did (they didn't have to change anything).

I did install it myself and it was very straightforward. The only thing I didn't realize was that I would have to take the entire inner door cover off. This is required in order to disconnect/connect the mirror wiring. The only tools I used was a flat head screw driver (to pry the plastic rivets loose on the door panel) and a socket for the 3 nuts on the mirror itself.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel your pain, as I also had a mirror accident. Changing my sons DVD and backing out of the garage at the same time is just stupid. I actually caught it on one of the support beams and not the door, but the same result. My back cover broke off and the glass came out, but didn’t break. I was able to pop the glass back in, but ultimately replaced the entire assembly. I paid $334.45 for the gray sport mirror and found it to be really easy to replace. The hardest part was getting all of the tabs to line back up while putting back the door panel, but the total job took less than an hour. I have my old mirror and glass if you’re interested in fixing yours. I would have just replaced my rear cover, but it wasn’t an available part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts