DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what the difference was between a non sport ram and a sport ram.
i have a 97 sport and my friend has a 99 dodge. but i havent seen really anything that makes them different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooo i see. i have a sport and it has chromes side mirrors but body colored bumpers. and the fog lights. it dosent have the bottom trim on the tailgate.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I would imagine the sport package came with different shocks as well, but I'm not positive

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup:Great replys..............Looks is all really. As for your mirrors it could have been changed before you owned it.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I believe so..................Not positive..........Chrome could have been a aoption

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i havent seen a sport with stock chrome wheels. just the alloy. i changed my alloys to stock steel wheels.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
94-97 sports - body color bumpers/grille, sport stickers, aluminum wheels (still had chrome mirrors)
98 sports - same, black mirrors (all had the black mirrors)
99-01 sports - same, but with a one piece plastic front bumper with different grille and dual bulb headlights.

There may be other things...but, the above I am 100% sure of.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahhh that would explain my chrome mirrors.

i wasnt sure if there was something different with the motors or anything of that sort.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
ahhh that would explain my chrome mirrors.

i wasnt sure if there was something different with the motors or anything of that sort.
Well...every Sport I've ever seen had a 5.9L until the other day...I saw a 00 Sport with a 5.2....so....I guess not...lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mine has the 5.2 in it so i'd bet that all engines were optional

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was wondering what the difference was between a non sport ram and a sport ram.
i have a 97 sport and my friend has a 99 dodge. but i havent seen really anything that makes them different.
For starters the trimming will be different. Most manufactures will include other differences such as differential gear ratio and internal engine components such as slightly higher compression, differnt suspension or differnt valve train components. After all, it is a sport pacage they are selling.

I have a 2004 Ram Sport and that is what I noticed when I looked in to it. Based on dealer information.

When in doubt, you can allways contact your Dodge parts department. They will always answer your questions based on facts and not guesses.

Hope that answers your question.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts