DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of a blue 2011 sport with black plasti dipped wheels? I am thinking of doing it. Also thinking about debadging or plasti dipping the badge. Any advise for tinting the tail lights? After market lights? Lots of questions I know, but your input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice work 4play1. How many cans did you use for the wheels ? Did you take them off to spray or leave them on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ever think of plasti dipping the hood between the vents? Think it would look good on your truck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice work 4play1. How many cans did you use for the wheels ? Did you take them off to spray or leave them on?
Can and 1/2 per wheel but I did the inside also so not to see the aluminum. I also used the clear coat stuff intensifier or whatever its called. (3 coats) Daily driving, washing, and pressure washing it holds up well.

Yes I did take them off. Washed and dried then wiped down with alcohol and let flash dry about 15 min before spraying. Light coat the first time and let dry about 30 min. Then apply second a little more heavy, then the third to make it right. For the inside I only went two coats.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ever think of plasti dipping the hood between the vents? Think it would look good on your truck.
I've had the blue stripes on for about two years so it's time to change. Thinking about like you said but with vinyl. Flat black maybe.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have what your looking for... As soon as I figure out how to post photos from my iphone I'll hook you up. Debadged and I ran a hood stripe for a while.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine didn't - Actually I think it had more to do with the temp changes - The Plasti Dip started to peel and lift in some of the corners on the chrome clads in the extreme cold - Held up fine thru the summer months - A lot of salt and sand in WI and Da U.P. MI

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts