DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 sport. I'm getting rust on the spot welds on the bed just behind the cab. No scratches or damage in that area. It's coming from under the paint. Anyone else having this issue? Also rusting rear bumper around the back up sensors. But I'm more worried about the spot welds

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hey man, I used to live in the rust belt. I always used a product called Por15. Apply some of that on the spot welds to prevent the rust from futher spreading and eating into panel.

·
Registered
222 Posts
POR 15 is hard to find in Canada (I see you're in Toronto). It can be found in Buffalo.

Anyway, the Canadian Army did a study and published a paper in the mid 2000's. (google Canadian army, rust proofing)

If I remember correctly, Rust Check preformed the best, Krown was second and Corrosion Free came in third.

From sources outside of the study, I've read that the application is the key to getting the best protection from rust (ie, the guy spraying).

If you're going to keep this truck for a while, you might think about getting is sprayed, to slow down any rust that's already started. If not, you can always go to Can Tire and buy a can of Rust Check (or go to Krown and buy a can of their spray) and give the weld spots a quick squirt.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not keeping it. was more worried about it being a common problem. i haven't seen that problem on any other rams i've seen. i'm hoping the new truck doesn't have the same problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts