DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks , I have a 2006 1500 ram mega cab with 105 000 miles on it. I'm having problems with power and i'll break it down per step. Last week doing 60mph on hwy with rpm's cruising at 1800 the truck would sputter occasionally. At that same day, my check gages came on with zero oil pressure.
So to the garage I went, got a new oil pressure switch. They said it may not be the solution and to get back after 3 days if I notice problems.
Currently the truck has an issue, but I will break it down more. From ignition and driving upto 40mph I have no issues. I even gunned it , pedal to the metal and saw no problems. But at 40mph - 60mph rpm resting at 1600 - 1800 with no strain, the trick would occasionally sputter.
To note 1 hour prior to my garage visit to get a new o.p.s I had gunned it up hill to merge into traffic, the truck sputtered, rpm's fluctuated and check engine light came on, then all cleared and all was normal.
Folks, I have no idea and the garage didn't get any codes to chase the issue.
Oil is at 2500 miles and new tranny fluid has been done in December.
Thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
i'm having a similar problem on my 06 right now, mine is from a cold start up to 55 mph, but after my truck gets to temp it runs fine...for now. I'm leaning toward a fuel problem, as the tranny would show other signs of wear first before losing power mid gear.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
take off air resonator, what it attaches to is the throttle body, disconnect the connector and unbolt the 4 bolts holding it...take off tb and i bet when you flip it over, it will be black and sludged up...clean that awell as the pcv valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts