DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've posted on here and last thing I posted about was my transmission problem (which is now fixed, thankfully) but I have run into another, less severe problem. The truck squeaks at around 3000 rpm and I've been told it might be an idler pulley or other sort of pulley problem. I looked at the truck today and noticed that the belt moved forward a little on the water pump pulley. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments or advice on what it could be and what I should do? Any input would be great. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
187 Posts
pull your belt off and make sure that all your pulleys are tight and dont wiggle... see if you can have someone else in the truck rev the engine so you can pin point where its coming from check to make sure the ac compressor isnt locking up on you i hear when they go they will occasionaly lock up and then lock hard and then you burn your belt...check your idler pulley and your tensioner pulley and make sure they are good aswell could be a worn out tensioner pulley not puting enough tension on the pulley and allowing belt slip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts