DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Ive put about 600 miles on my 2012 2500 ram. And Im about 6'5 270lbs and my seat is driving me crazy. It sounds like I have a busted shock in the front end, but after listening, its my damn seat. It kinda pops when you move side to side in the seat. Almost like a spring or something is catching and popping loose.

Any of you guys have any ideas, I know Im a big fella, but CMON, a seat cant take alittle weight? It seems almost too soft and or maybe a seat bolt is popping loose. Hell I dont know, any thoughts? Wonder what the dealer will tell me? Can they even replace the seat?

Any help is always appreciated.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well my seat squeaks too, but not to the extent you are describing. Mine creaks a little when I lean forward in it, but it's so quiet I have to have the radio all the way off to hear it. Take it to the dealer have them look at it. If it sounds broken it probably is

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my seat squeaks too, but not to the extent you are describing. Mine creaks a little when I lean forward in it, but it's so quiet I have to have the radio all the way off to hear it. Take it to the dealer have them look at it. If it sounds broken it probably is
Yeah, if I move side to side, you can really hear it. It squeaks to the point that I can hear it over the radio. Going over bumps or dirt road, I can really hear it. Gonna take it to the dealer today and see what they say. I bet they tell me theres nothing they can do about it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELL... took it by the dealer today, and they wanted to keep it overnight, but I couldnt this week. So, I made a appointment for next monday. They said after looking at it and hearing the noise, its either a warped or bent seat rail or its inside the seat. He said they may just replace rail and seat. So, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
15,700 Posts
WELL... took it by the dealer today, and they wanted to keep it overnight, but I couldnt this week. So, I made a appointment for next monday. They said after looking at it and hearing the noise, its either a warped or bent seat rail or its inside the seat. He said they may just replace rail and seat. So, we'll see what happens.
sounds like it will be taken care of, how is the rest of the truck holding up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts