DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I’ve noticed that my 2017 Ram with the Hemi has what I can only describe as almost like a bird chirping noise. At first I thought it was the breaks but I just noticed today it does it while idling in park as well as while driving. It’s not really loud but it’s there. I read somewhere online that it could be the fan clutch but I honestly have no idea at all. Any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check out the serpentine belt first. The fan clutch shouldn't be acting up on such a new truck.

Either way, should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had mine in for an oil change last week and they noticed the serpentine belt was cracked and replaced it. More then likely your problem.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I have had a bad serpentine belt before a long while ago on different vehicles, usually it was much louder then mine is right now. But I’ll check that out for sure. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
A serpentine bad on a 2017? I just replaced mine for the first time and it was over 5 y/o with over 75k on it

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,644 Posts
Usually a chirp is a bushing, but still when idling could be anything that rotates like a fan motor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A serpentine bad on a 2017? I just replaced mine for the first time and it was over 5 y/o with over 75k on it
I know what your saying however the mechanic that worked on it is a good friend of mine. The belt wasn't making any noise however when he was changing the oil he noticed a split in the belt. The only reason I went to the dealer for an oil change is because it was free, I always do my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts