DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Anyone know what kind of weight difference there is between the OEM SRT 10 wheels, made by Hollander I believe, and the common SRT 10 replica wheels?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the replies! Great forum! :doh::smiledown::i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Maybe like you, the people that have viewed this thread don't know the answer either. Have you tried contacting the manufacture of the replica wheels, or the vendor? I am sure the vendor would provide you with the actual shipping weight of each wheel, that should get you very close to the wheel weigth.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
^^^Great advise, sorry but don't have an answer myself.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts

Unlike most forums, about 80% of the time, if no1 knows the answer they will not make up one thus giving others false information, I don't think it's very mature of u to act childish because u didn't get your response in a few days.
I'm just saying this to help you out, but ur attitude definitely isn't getting ur answer any quicker! That being said like 916Timmy and NWRQC said, they are probably close to the same weight, u may be able to obtain the weight also from the manufacturer's website. hope you get your answer man!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
There's a thread over on DT where a guy weighed his and reported that the Alcoa 22s were 36# and someone else chimmed in that the replicas were 42#.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I have moved this thread here to increase the chances of a qualified answer.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appologize for this post..I was having a rough day and my frustration channeled throught to this response.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a thread over on DT where a guy weighed his and reported that the Alcoa 22s were 36# and someone else chimmed in that the replicas were 42#.
I ended up finding the deal of a lifetime on a set of OEM (Hollander) 22" SRT wheels....so I snatched them up.:smileup: Sometimes, patience really pays off LOL!
It seems that I've read that the replicas were quite a bit heavier than OEMs. I just cant recall where I read it. I was hoping someone might have run into or knew some more details. It would still be nice to know.

THANKS for the replies.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the wheels installed (22" OEM SRT 10) and one thing I can tell you guys is that the OEM SRT10 wheels are a LOT lighter than the stock 17" steel wheels..LOL!

So thats good. :)
They made a HUGE difference in this truck. I think I might keep it around for awhile.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!

I'll get some pics up real soon. Its been raining here and I'd like to get her cleaned up first.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A few pics..:smileup:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I do like the SRT10 wheels! Thanks for the pics. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! I am going for "mean" or 'sinister" looking. I've never been a "bling" type of guy.

I'll be doing the following to get it where I want it to go.
Color matched bumpers.
Black grill.
Black Mopar hood stripe.
Tinted windows
Black running boards.
Remove the RAM 1500 from the side...or I might consider spraying them black.

I'll be pretty happy with that and it should look pretty sinister when I'm done. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
You should have weighed the wheel so we could have half of a definitive answer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts