DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Big Horn is safe at home. Now to keep it lookin' good for the next three-five years. The Owners Manual mentions care of Stain Repel Fabric. My Big Horn has the premium cloth interior. Are the seats Stain Repel Fabric. If so they should not be Scotchgarded. If they are not, I have the cans of Scotchgard ready to have at it. The folks had the dealer did not have an answer to this question. As a matter of fact they tried to sell me the fabric protection package. I can't find Stain Repel Fabric mentioned in any of the brochures.

·
Registered
15,700 Posts
the only time chrysler supplied fabric protection that i am aware of, was 2008. they introduced the "yes" fabric on the wrangler. you may want to stop in a fabric shop and ask if they can tell if a scotch guard repellent has been added.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2007 Ram had the Yes Essentials fabric and it worked pretty well. I think that Chrysler dropped this fabric in 2009 and started using another protected fabric but I am not sure.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
From this post on another forum. (I do second opinions with doctors too :D)

A Chrysler engineer stated "...that indeed the cloth seats are indeed treated with an odor and stain resistant product from the factory. He also recommended to refrain from using products such as Scotch Guard on your seats as this may compromise the product already in place..."

Might want to tell the sales folks at the dealerships this. They make lots of $$$ selling their upholstery protectant to unsuspecting buyers.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts