DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have read several threads on here about this topic so sorry for the redundancy. but im pondering on upgrading the stall to pair with my new 260 cam I put in. I want a dd still nothing crazy and don't want to lose my towing capability. so maybe a 2800? also looking for a good source and what pricing should I expect.. also thinking about an upgraded pan.thanks in advance guys!

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Check with Matt at Moe's Performance on information about a tq. He will give you honest answers to your questions and his service is the best of any vendor I have found on any of these forums.
Jay

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I think with the Comp 260, you really won't need a converter. I used to run a sidewinder cam and out of the hole punch was better than stock. After doing a much hotter spartan plus cam, my bottom end power went south, but power peaked above 6,000 rpms, so I did a Circle D 3,000rpm stall and raised the shifts to 6200, now it's a beast and tows great too. I run a MagHytec deep pan for a 68RE on my 545RFE, more than double the capacity. MagHytec dif cover too.:smileup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think with the Comp 260, you really won't need a converter. I used to run a sidewinder cam and out of the hole punch was better than stock. After doing a much hotter spartan plus cam, my bottom end power went south, but power peaked above 6,000 rpms, so I did a Circle D 3,000rpm stall and raised the shifts to 6200, now it's a beast and tows great too. I run a MagHytec deep pan for a 68RE on my 545RFE, more than double the capacity. MagHytec dif cover too.:smileup:

Ah I see, yea my low end is improved over factory. Here lately I have been regretting my choice a little going with the milder cam. but im not disappointed. just wonder what could have been. ha thanks for the input

·
Registered
277 Posts
I ran an Edge 2800 stall and it knocked off .40 off my time at the track and had no problems towing with it either.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
A 2800 was what both Edge and Circle D recommended for me for my current and future mods and intended use. I went with the Circle D because he gave me a military discount :smileup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 2800 was what both Edge and Circle D recommended for me for my current and future mods and intended use. I went with the Circle D because he gave me a military discount :smileup:
You and I have similar mods if I remember correctly. Did you ever get your pcm swapped, and cam her??

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
You and I have similar mods if I remember correctly. Did you ever get your pcm swapped, and cam her??

Not yet, I was gonna throw the 260 in, but decided to wait since I'm going to send the harness out when I have the $$. Hotwireauto will reconfigure a 2003 harness to work as an 05 with an 05 PCM (and change the coil plugs so I can use the later coils) for $450. Just the wait sucks (and I don't currently have the $$ available right now). I got a good deal on a KRC 210, so I may throw that in or see about something custom when I do it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not yet, I was gonna throw the 260 in, but decided to wait since I'm going to send the harness out when I have the $$. Hotwireauto will reconfigure a 2003 harness to work as an 05 with an 05 PCM (and change the coil plugs so I can use the later coils) for $450. Just the wait sucks (and I don't currently have the $$ available right now). I got a good deal on a KRC 210, so I may throw that in or see about something custom when I do it.

Yes hotwire auto does great work. Be SURE you don't plug the o2 sensors in on the wrong sides. My exhaust shop did and it took me a while to figure out why I was misfiring :doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts