DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my wife had my truck for the day and came home told me that the doors kept unlocking themselves everytime she locked them and continued to do it after that too. so i disconnected the power door locks fuse and they stopped working obviously. well now i went out to start it to go to the store and it fired up and not even a second after it died right out. im confused can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ok my wife had my truck for the day and came home told me that the doors kept unlocking themselves everytime she locked them and continued to do it after that too. so i disconnected the power door locks fuse and they stopped working obviously. well now i went out to start it to go to the store and it fired up and not even a second after it died right out. im confused can anyone help me?
Yes you have probably a short somewhere in the vehicle. I honestly wouldn't know where to start haha... Err, ah, I guess maybe you can try checking all the wires for cuts or anything, rats have a tendency to chew they up! (Guess how I know) Next thing you could try to check is the ECM it might be the reason for the stalling but if their is a short could cause that also. Maybe check the grounds, that might be it. Intermittent ground can cause some freaky problems. Matter fact some dodges and alot of GM vehicles are known for ground issues, fords are known for their exploding gas tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 96 did the same thing for some reason it screws up your idler and all you have to do is turn your idle up a little with the screw on the side of the throttlebody and if that doesnt work i replaced the oil pump drive under the distributer also now it works fine

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well the other thing is they only mark the most obvius thing controled by that curcuit There are other less curcits on that same fuse. Find a scimatic and look for sub curcits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts