DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
drifting which way? toward the shoulder or toward oncoming traffic? regardless, when’s the last time you’ve rotated your tires and checked your alignment?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
If still under warranty, take it in and have the dealer fix it. Take the tech with you to show what is happening so they can't say it isn't happening or it is normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truck is brand new 500 miles on it took it to the dealer took the service manager for a ride he drove said there was nothing wrong with it so have an appointment Wednesday at my tire place to have them go for a ride and check the alignment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also going back to the dealer to take another 2500 for a test drive to see if it's doing the same thing

·
Registered
839 Posts
hopefully everything checks out okay. live axle vehicles will wander with the crown of the road more often than an IFS vehicle will.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you're coming from a rack and pinion truck then the steering box trucks take a little getting used to. Also, add the steering brace, it helps a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I actually came from a 1500 Ram a also owns it 2005 2500 and a 2003 2500 diesel the 1500 could not pull my camper without a sway I put airbags on it and brand new tires truck did not like it used to pull a 25 foot camper with the 1500 no problem

·
Registered
839 Posts
so how’d the alignment check out? what about the test drive too?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going tomorrow for the test drive with the mechanic about the alignment and have to make time to get to the dealer to test drive another 2500 I will let you know as soon as I find out tomorrow about the alignment issue if there is one and will let you know when I test drive another 2500 but tomorrow is the time I have them check it out

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Going tomorrow for the test drive with the mechanic about the alignment and have to make time to get to the dealer to test drive another 2500 I will let you know as soon as I find out tomorrow about the alignment issue if there is one and will let you know when I test drive another 2500 but tomorrow is the time I have them check it out
Hi Big ron,

Please be sure to keep us updated. If our team can be of any additional support while working with your dealer, we are just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
went to the place I was talking about and the tech took my truck for a ride I drove it first he drove it second and said there was definitely some kind of issue going on with the staring they took it in the shop and check the whole front end everything was good nice and tight but there is definitely a drifting problem he could not get it on the alignment machine today but he said go back to the dealer and try driving another 2500 he wrote me a work order dad said there was something wrong with the front end could be an alignment issue so I am going tomorrow Thursday to try and test drive another 2500 and have them check the alignment he said there is definitely something wrong

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
went to the place I was talking about and the tech took my truck for a ride I drove it first he drove it second and said there was definitely some kind of issue going on with the staring they took it in the shop and check the whole front end everything was good nice and tight but there is definitely a drifting problem he could not get it on the alignment machine today but he said go back to the dealer and try driving another 2500 he wrote me a work order dad said there was something wrong with the front end could be an alignment issue so I am going tomorrow Thursday to try and test drive another 2500 and have them check the alignment he said there is definitely something wrong
Hey Big ron,

If it would be of interest, I would be more than happy to escalate a case to provide you with an additional layer of support as you work with your dealer again. We are just a PM away to get the process started.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 14 of 14 Posts