DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one question about my express. I have an express with uconnect and Sirius radio but I just noticed I don't have the buttons behind the wheel to adjust the volume and station. What's up with that?

·
Registered
217 Posts
It is a higher level option like laramie, big horn, sport, etc.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is disappointing. When you have steering wheel controls on the front they should make it standard to have radio controls for safety.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I added them to my 2006 2500. There's probably a way to add them you just need to find the person that knows how to do it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I recently added the radio control buttons to my 2011 ST.

The mod was simple and if you already have the EVIC it may be as simple as adding the buttons and activating the RDZ sales code.

For mine I had to do some wiring to communicate with the EVIC and to power the EVIC control buttons.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the EVIC. Now were would i find someone who would know how to do it... :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got my Express and would love to add the radio buttons. Where did you get the buttons to add and what did they cost?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I purchased an entire steering wheel from a salvage yard and when it arrived I was surprised to find it did not have the rear buttons it only had the front EVIC control buttons.

They made good by sending me a wheel that had damage to the leather but the rear buttons were in good shape. I swapped in the buttons by removing the rear cover and installing it on the other wheel.

If your 2012 has the new control buttons all in the front but the radio buttons are missing your choices are probably to add the controls from an upgraded truck with the radio buttons on the front or possibly swap in the 2011 rear cover with buttons. Both of these options would be easy to buy at the dealer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently added the radio control buttons to my 2011 ST.

The mod was simple and if you already have the EVIC it may be as simple as adding the buttons and activating the RDZ sales code.

For mine I had to do some wiring to communicate with the EVIC and to power the EVIC control buttons.

I've recently tried to do it to my 2012 slt and the dealer said the rdz code couldn't be added. Do u remember where u went and/or the procedure the tech used to activate the buttons. Also what wiring mod did u do.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had success by sending my TIPM to a programmer out of Florida. He added the feature manually to it and sent it back to me. I plugged it back in and they worked like they were supposed to.

I got a spare tipm from a junk yard to use in the mean time. Had a traction control light for a day but that's it. Never even had it programmed drove the ram 1500 4.7 with a 3500 cummins tipm for 4 days with no problems. Fyi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts