DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Steering wobble/shake

1135 3
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the Ram forums! Wanted to gain insight on my potential problem; I own a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. Unfortunately I’ve been experiencing a wobbly/shaky steering wheel. As if the steering wheel is loose. (Not to the extent of a hazardous Experience) but it is noticeable. Is there anything you guys recommend? I’d love for my steering wheel to feel firm and never again wobble/shake. Any and all help is appreciated!! :D

all the best,

Gerardo Hernandez
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,148 Posts
How many miles are on the truck, it is after all going on 9 years old so it may need some front end components replaced and a front end alignment. Also are your tires in good shape and balanced properly, did a tire throw a weight off the rim causing the tire to go out of balance. Lastly you may have a bad tire with belt separation.

It is time to take it to a good front end shop and let them take a look at it and let them give you an estimate on what is wrong and the cost to fix it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles are on the truck, it is after all going on 9 years old so it may need some front end components replaced and a front end alignment. Also are your tires in good shape and balanced properly, did a tire throw a weight off the rim causing the tire to go out of balance. Lastly you may have a bad tire with belt separation.

It is time to take it to a good front end shop and let them take a look at it and let them give you an estimate on what is wrong and the cost to fix it.
Howdy!

Thanks in advance for your input, My truck is going on 180,000Miles. Replacing all my tires Monday 01/25/2021. Will be having alignment & tire balancing conducted so we’ll see if the issue goes away. I’m having suspicions that it could potentially be tie rods? But I’m open to any advice!

· Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the Ram forums! Wanted to gain insight on my potential problem; I own a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. Unfortunately I’ve been experiencing a wobbly/shaky steering wheel. As if the steering wheel is loose. (Not to the extent of a hazardous Experience) but it is noticeable. Is there anything you guys recommend? I’d love for my steering wheel to feel firm and never again wobble/shake. Any and all help is appreciated!! :D

all the best,

Gerardo Hernandez
When braking?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.