DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stereo in my 1500 is convinced that there is a tape in it. I have tried _gently_ levering the casette tray while pressing the eject button, to no avail. I also tried inserting a tape to see if it was just confused, but the tape won't go in.

Anyone know if there's a quick fix or common failure point where I can start, or am i at the "tear it down and see what's not moving right" phase?

Thanks. :)

Oh... if this has already been covered, link me please. :)

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Did you try it with the power on or off? You might want to try it with the power off too see if you can lift the cage where the tape goes into. Sometimes they get stuck in the down position. But if there's no tape in there, it's weird that it would be stuck down. You're going to need a long and thin metal instrument to get in there and pry it up slowly.

If you can't, maybe it's time to upgrade.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup: Screw it...........If it dont want to work the way you want it....... Take Lamateo"s advice and up grade it. CDS are a much cleaner sound then cassettes anyway. Do they still sell them??????????? I know man:LOL: I got a ton of them here as well. Just cant say no>>>parting with them. At least you said cassette not 8tract:LOL:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hmmm...

I'll try to lever it with the unit turned off.

It took me two hours to find a casette when I wanted to try that. _no-one_ sells them anymore.

I'll go CD when I can pick up a reciever for cheap and I fix the dash. Right now, I'd just like to have some FM luv. Three to four hour drives with the cruise on and no tunes is cruel and unusual self-inflicted punishment, I might get Baker Act'd* if I do it again. ;P

Oh.. much luvs for the 8-track. Had on for my first tape player. :)

*FL Ment Health Law for Protection from harm to self or others.:4-looney:

I'll drop a post to the wanted section and see if anyone has one. Thx guys and gals. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts