DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
this is my first time joining a car forum. So this will be my very first post. I am going to be upgrading my deck in my '13 Tradesman. I went with the Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS, so I can use my iphone5 maps on the screen with appradio mode. I will be installing a front and rear camera on the truck also. This is going to be my first mod on the truck so far. I got all my parts in for the install. I am not going to use the metra XSVI harness. I will solder an OEM harness from the previous style radio (09-12?) to the harness. This will leave both the new plug and the original for factory re-install. I am going to make a picture tutorial and a good write up for anyone else looking to do similar.

Treis

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I have my in-dash video unit installed. So far it has been a great upgrade. I was able to retain my dactory aux amd usb in the armrest. I'm still waiting on an lightning cable extension. When that comes in I will install my two cameras at the same time. I'll also need to hook up my reverse light wire and illumination wire. These wires will need to be tagged because I didn't purchase the XSVI module. That will complete my first phase of the installation. Something I want to look into is adding in steering wheel controls.
Treis

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking forward to your pic tutorial.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Me as well.......

·
Registered
246 Posts
Me too. At this point do you happen to at least have a pic of the unit installed? I am trying to find a head unit that fits properly, without sticking out too far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts