DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody hidden a winch behind their chrome bumper of a 94-01 :4-dontknow: if so id love to see how you did it

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just won a winch at a raffle and would love to see if anyone has done this as well or how anyone has hooked a wince to a 97 :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well so ive looked at how i could mount a winch in behind my bumper. it will never fit unless you decide to cut apart your front bumper and do some fabing for a winch carrier. so therefore it wont be much of a hidden winch. but you do get to keep your bumper.. eventually when i get my winch i will be doing this so ill put up how i did it then

·
Registered
110 Posts
I saw a truck that had a standard trailer hitch set up, fabbed into the bumper, where a winch could be stabbed in when needed, but taken out and kept in the tool box when not in use. Looked very cool.

·
Registered
793 Posts
unless you do some tricky fabbing in the lil room behind teh front bumper dont think itll work, and the front bumper itself is not strong enough for winch use

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bumper wont be used for any kind of support. I will be building my own brackets for the winch which will tie off to the frame. and with the little bit of room it wont be very hidden as I will be cutting the bumper up to make it fit. :(

·
Registered
793 Posts
what if you notch the bolt holes or drill new holes in the bumper brackets and pull it out a lil bit to make some more room?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I saw a Ford a while back that had one mounted behind the bumper and the guide rollers & hole hidden by the front license plate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
um i dont think it would help too much plus i have a custom light bar on the front that wont allow me to do so.. Really I dont mind having to cut my bumper up little bit to make it fit. the part that is cut off will be getting bolted back onto the winch mounting to kinda keep a somewhat stock look. As soon as I get my winch, which should be soon ill make a thread on how i do it and post some pics

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
keep us updated :smileup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts