DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2012 ram reg cab and i have a stock reg cd fm am sirous radio. and I wanted to know if the stock mygig nav unit will plug and play with the stock wiring i have. Please let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I won't swear to it, but i believe it is all plug & play

on the radios face, lower right hand corner, there are 3 letters
are yours RES ??
does it have a phone button on it? or not

the site that i recommend people to look at, does Not seem to have a RHB 430N radio ( N means Navigation )
they just have a NON Nav RBZ 430

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index...=0&keyword="2009+Dodge+Ram+1500+(NA)"&sort=3d

OOPS i was incorrect, seems that they now have one, for $1,300
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/usacan-high-speed-rhb-4829-p-161.html

finding one cheaper won't be easy, look in this forumZ For Sale area
eBay may have one, just make sure the seller is honest

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a new 2012 ram reg cab and i have a stock reg cd fm am sirous radio. and I wanted to know if the stock mygig nav unit will plug and play with the stock wiring i have. Please let me know thanks
Pretty sure it should be plug & play for you...especially if your stock unit is a RES with Uconnect & Sirius.

I recently did an upgrade on my 2010 from RES (with Uconnect & Sirius) to 730N RHR from a 2011. I was shocked at how easy it was & completely plug & play...even gives me turn-by-turn nab prompts in the EVIC as well as on the unit. Only extra you may need is a new antenna as from 2011 & on, they use a combination GPS/Sat antenna...replaces the roof mount Sirius Sat antenna you now have. You can pick that up from oemautopartsco.com.

Found my RHR on eBay by the way.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine doesnt have u connect on it just fm am Sirius and cd. No steering wheel co.trols for radio

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine doesnt have u connect on it just fm am Sirius and cd. No steering wheel co.trols for radio
You may want to get a hold of the good folks at OEM Autoparts to see what exactly would be involved then. I've found them to be be extremely knowledgeable & helpful when it comes to Dodge radios.

They're a site supporter & can be found at www.oemautopartsco.com

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts