DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some good brake pads for my 2010 2500. I'd like to keep the stock rotors. I want the best I can get. I'd like to lock up the wheels when I step on the brake. Currently the stockers are not worn out but they are pretty damn mushy. Before I start towing a lot I want better brakes w/o breaking the bank. Raybestos maybe?? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Flush your fluid -all of it from master to each wheel- and if that doesn't satisfy install SS lines. That should take out the moosh :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
You will want to make sure that those SS brake lines are braided ;-). I installed some on my TR6 and it made a big difference.

Me...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll try that. Anyone know how much vented rotors are?
You're probably looking ~$125 - $150 per rotor for vented/drilled/dimpled/slotted rotors or any combination thereof.

Ceramic pads are typically the best in terms of performance, but they're hard to come by for our trucks. I just installed some Hawk LTS pads and Hawk Quiet Slot rotors on the front of my truck. Parts cost me $350 all said and done.

JJ

·
Registered
198 Posts
You shouldn't need to flush brake lines on a 2 year old truck and I'm pretty sure you have "antilock" brakes so good luck getting them to lock up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts