DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing pics of the new 2020 Limited's coming with a small compartment instead of the CD player in the console.

Anyone track down a part number yet?

Anyone with a 2020 wanna trade for a CD player?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Must be a Limited thing. My Laramie doesn't have a CD player, but it doesn't have a cubby either. They just centered the USB hubs in the middle of the panel. Wish it did have a cubby though, because then I'd trade you LOL.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped at a dealer for an oil change tonight so I browsed the lot and parts dept.
its a 12” Stereo thing. I found 2 trucks on the lot that had the cubby. Both were 2020’s; one was a limited, one was a Longhorn Laramie.

The parts guy pulled the VIN and found a diagram but could never find an actual part number.
Center console Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Mid-size car Center console

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wonder if that is associated with the wireless charging pad (which I don't have). I found a Mopar kit to install wireless charging, but one of the requirements for installation was the CD player. Since I don't have that I can't install the kit. Not sure what the association is now. I assumed it was because the wireless charging pad drew power from the CD player wire harness. But your pic clearly shows a wireless charging pad without a CD player. Now, since you're having trouble locating this part, I wonder if it's just not a part that is available for public purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if that is associated with the wireless charging pad (which I don't have). I found a Mopar kit to install wireless charging, but one of the requirements for installation was the CD player. Since I don't have that I can't install the kit. Not sure what the association is now. I assumed it was because the wireless charging pad drew power from the CD player wire harness. But your pic clearly shows a wireless charging pad without a CD player. Now, since you're having trouble locating this part, I wonder if it's just not a part that is available for public purchase.
The parts you need are:

Floor Console Bin - 68524507AA
Storage Bin Mat - 68524508AA

Confirmed that these will fit as I purchased a center console to upgrade my Tradesman and it came with a CD player. Removed CD player and replaced with the factory bin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts