DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help, I have a 96' Ram 2500 4x4 with the 5.9l magnum, it's on 33x12.50's and has a block lift in rear and has the Lift spacers up front on top of coil springs. The problem I'm having is that the front end is sagging due to the coil spacers being worn out. I just bought a set of the steel 2" leveling spacers for the front end and can't figure out where to start to lower the axle down enough to relieve the pressure off of the coil springs to fit the spacers on to the top of the coil springs. Do I have to unbolt the shocks and jack it up to let the axle come down or am I wrong? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :thk:

·
Registered
22 Posts
idk if you have access to a lift or not but i would imagine just get full droop and then support the axle so when you take off the springs and shocks you dont drop your axle. then change out the spacers and put it all back together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re

the shocks will have to be disconnected and watch your brake lines and
axle air lines, so you dont pull them apart.
and be Care-full!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What I use is spring compress clamps ( you can rent if you don't own) then jack stand the frame with the tires off the ground, then jack up the axle tell it lifts off the stand in stall spring clamps then lower axle. You will need to undo the shocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts