DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a stubby antenna for my 2011 Ram, where is the best place to order the stubbby, how is the reception using the stubby and does the antenna just screw out? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I started off with a sickspeed stubby, it looked awesome but the reception was horrible. Lots of interference and reduced reception once you got out in the boonies. I then went with what I have now and there is zero reception loss. They all screw on however you have to ensure you get the right adapter for them.
You can click on the stubby antenna link in my signature for my thread on it.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Your best bet cut your stock one and paint it then after you cut it put the ball back on no whistle and still great reception

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Dodgert's suggest is probably the best bet if you need reception. Like Stump3r, I went with a Sickspeed and still have it today. Only because I listen to satellite radio and have no need for local radio. But when I did test it locally, the reception was horrible.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for a bit. I only listen to satellite radio so the long whip antenna is of no use to me. I'm debating covering the hole or going with a stubby.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for a bit. I only listen to satellite radio so the long whip antenna is of no use to me. I'm debating covering the hole or going with a stubby.
Go with a short stubby. Plugging the hole is a major pain and you may never know when you'll want to mount a larger whip for one reason or another.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I cannot believe anyone would remove their radio mast. What do you do when severe weather hits your area? Satellite Radio won't tell you a thing if a F5 'nado is headed in your direction.

Darin

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I cannot believe anyone would remove their radio mast. What do you do when severe weather hits your area? Satellite Radio won't tell you a thing if a F5 'nado is headed in your direction.

Darin
I rarely spend more than a few minutes in my truck commuting to and from work so it would not likely be a factor for me (although I admit it can happen at any time here in tornado alley). But because I never know where I might be when a storm hits, I get severe weather alert on my cell phone via a local news station and NOAA.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got one from Cravenspeed, real nice piece. Reception isn't great, but like others have said, I primarily listen to Satellite radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts