DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I park my boat in the yard next to the house and several times last season we put the boat away where it was either A) raining or just finished, or B) ground was wet from rain earlier in the day.

I have a 3.92 LSD rear end on my 4x2 truck and it didn't even hesitate pushing that 8000 lb boat uphill to its spot, pushing through slick mud like that. So glad I got the LSD...

Another funny story is how the 4x4 guys all talk that smack to me about being able to out pull until I offer to tie off hitch-to-hitch... when they ask me how big my balls are... I tell em I will pull them first because I have that LSD ready to go + more towing capacity.

Funny pic tho, getting stuck like that.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
This is why I'll always own a 4X4....I just couldn't stand all those peeps snickering at me LMAO. brave man to be sharing those pics lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
This reminded me of a hunting related story. Came across a big bad 4x4 in the high country of Colorado that was essentially stuck in a very very small patch of mud a few inches deep. They just couldn't get going, and they had another four wheel drive trying to pull it out with no success. We had a PowerWagon, and while we could drag it skidding out of the mud, they still couldn't move on their own power.

Talk about puzzling, there was just no obvious reason why the 4x4 wasn't moving.

Turns out the day before they had been 4 wheeling in heavy snow. Then, overnight the emergency brake had frozen up. The next morning they could only break loose one wheel at a time (open differential). The other wheel remained securely stopped with the e-brake. The truck didn't move until mid-day!

Everybody gets stuck. It's just a matter of where.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The stock goodyear tires are horrible! I'd definitely chalk it up to the tires more than anything else.
I've had the traction control kick in and not allow me to spin the rear wheels enough to "clean" the tires out. LSD does help a great deal, especially when backing a heavy trailer up a slick driveway.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I'm glad some folks are happy with the LSD. This guy don't care for it too much. It seems to have a mind of it's own and only work half the time :( Can't wait till gears and lockers are availible, will get a real locker asap.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm glad some folks are happy with the LSD. This guy don't care for it too much. It seems to have a mind of it's own and only work half the time :( Can't wait till gears and lockers are availible, will get a real locker asap.
I've now had 3 trucks with the LSD and my jeep is a rubicon with the factory lockers and have never had an issue with the factory components. Transmissions are a different story entirely though...

There are lockers available for the rear already, its just a standard dana axle. I believe mopar actually makes a kit as part of the "ram-runner" package. Now for the front I'm not sure since I think you'd have to have a locking transfer case?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
^ I hear you on te Jeeps. My wifes dd is an '09 JK Rubi 2dr 6spd with a bb on 35s. Thats a completely different story tho. This lsd sometimes engages instantly and then again sometimes whenever it feels its ready to cooperate.

I dunno where you're gettin info but there definately aren't any gears or lockers for the 11s non standard dana ZF axles. Matter of fact I talked to Randy's R&P Thursday...again. I call them every couple months to check on availibility. To date there still isn't anything availible. For the front as far as I know it's the same 8" diff since '02. With that said you cant lock or put an lsd in the front.

Also, the Ram Runner uses the standard antispin rear limited-slip differential....

·
Registered
125 Posts
alright all you guys... we all get over our heads and get stuck at some point its just a matter of who sees you get stuck lol. im the worlds worst at being stuck alone, hence the winch. now the trees are 3 feet to far away, but at least im trying to be a better ram owner, lol. anyway props to all you guys who come clean about your oops. i absolve you all of your sins haha

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah I have heard that the Good Years are not a good tire??? I haven't had any issues as of yet.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
To remove just use fishing line for the tailgate emblem little pressure and long strokes,there are two pegs to work around.the front just unclips from the back side of the grill and is a two piece emblem(ram head comes off the back plate).Easy to do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
readster, what paint did you use on your emblems? It doesnt look like the plasti-dip that everyone else seems to be using. I want to paint mine too but not sure i want to use the plasti dip

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.