DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sub box in my reg cab i made, nothing fancy by no means, its ported and tuned correctly to sub specs....my problem is the lack off bass, its a 10" premier sub running off an alpine mrp 500. it works fine but when i have both doors open it pounds retarded, hits really hard....the port is currently on the top....any suggestions on what might help? i cant get the port on the same side as the sub, it is possible i could do a slot port but last resort hopefully. if i cant get anything figured out im just gonna make a new one all together with a different design.pic added for reference.

·
Registered
406 Posts
IMO behind the seat boxs just are not that good with accoustics etc, if you wanted to really slam loud you should of went with a 12 slim or higher depending on what space etc you had to work with etc, 10 are decent, just more of a accurate tight bass. Are you only running 1 10"?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Almost all ported systems sound better with the doors open, also when your driving you can roll the windows halfway down for same effect

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty sure its the limited airspace in the cab, even my doors aew harder to shut. anyone have any experience with sealed boxes in reg cabs?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Of the few Reg cabs that I have heard, tens firing down seemed to sound the best to me. The bass was spread more through the cab, where a speaker firing forward into the rear seat was more muffled, and localized. Another design which I have seen a few times, but have yet to hear, is one or two subs firing forward on the drivers side of the box and a port firing sideways, toward the passenger side of the rear corner of the cab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts