sub question!

501 1
so I just picked up some Alpine type e's . Two 12". I'm going to buy a box and put them under my back seats. I was wondering if I'm just sticking withmy stock stereo (1.5 din) and I also have a amp I got, will I need to buy anything extra to have this work ?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

80 Posts
You will need to buy some hi-level RCA adaptors to hook your amp up to the radio if the amp doesn't have the hi-level built in. This adaptor wires into your factory radio speaker outputs and converts them to RCA to plug into your amp. You will also have to tie into the fuse box for switched power. You want to use a fuse that is only hot when the radio is on... or test for the switched hot wire at the factory radio harness.

This can create a popping noise through your subs when turning your truck off.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.