DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just put on my 3" level and I am looking to get new rubber. I think I can go with a 35 12.5 on my stock rims and I was thinking about putting on some IROK tires. I was wanting to know if a 35 will work also if anyone has ever used the IROK and pros and cons Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys I just put on my 3" level and I am looking to get new rubber. I think I can go with a 35 12.5 on my stock rims and I was thinking about putting on some IROK tires. I was wanting to know if a 35 will work also if anyone has ever used the IROK and pros and cons Thanks!!
do you do alot of rock crawling with that thing?
is it a daily driver?

Ive never ran Iroks but Im an avid jeeper and know many who have. they are a great offroad tire excellent for rock crawling, and do well in mud. However they ride horrible on pavement, make lots of noise, they are soft and will wear out quickly.

If your truck is a DD i would recommend something else. otherwise im pretty sure a 35 will fit though. hope that helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I work in the oilfield so it sits a week at a time. really I am looking for a deer lease and beach tire that will get me anywhere. I had millitary OZ 's on my last truck (1998 2500 chevy) those were 37's. never had a problem with those. But I want to stay at a 35 for mileage purposes and to keep towing close to normal ranges. eventually going to get 4.56 gears and all that stuff. I cant decide between mud grapplers, iroks, m16's, or one of the conventional mud terrain (BFG, DC, Pro Comp, federal, toyo, nitto.... It could go on forever)
Too many choices but they all seem to be the same tire with a little tread differences....

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
from what I have read the ss m16's wear out quick as well and are pretty loud, mud graps aswell, wear out fast and are the loudest tire on the market. its a tough call between what looks good and what will cost you alot of money. once you get your tires post some pics!

·
Registered
717 Posts
For info on the Irok radials, look at "Peterson's 4wheel off-road" magazine in the Jan. 2012 issue they tested a set of 37" on a Jeep. U could look at Goodyear's MT/R, Nitto's Trail Grappler, or Hankook's Dynapro MT. Either 3 of those are an excellent mud tire that does great on pavement as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.