DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think iam ready to pull the trigger , would like to get some feed back from anyone on the board. Which supercharger would you go with and why?

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the numbers RIPP is getting with there water to air vortec kits at 7psi 400hp 440tq at the wheels with factory everything else seems much more legit than the root style options an a bit cheaper i think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Only one problem.........if your sig is correct......your truck is a 2011 and tuning isn't possible yet as the code hasn't been cracked yet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the Magnacharger and I love it!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone dyno with the Magnacharger yet? I've been thinking about it ever since I got beat by a Mustang.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I put 488 to the wheels. I do have a few supporting mods as well.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Just curious are they not like 5-6k and you only get an extra 10 horsepower thats kinda pricy for 10 ponies

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I ordered my Vortech (RIPP superchargers kit) today...quoted with an April delivery!
Wow man grats on that hope everything goes well!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just curious are they not like 5-6k and you only get an extra 10 horsepower thats kinda pricy for 10 ponies
Fourth generation rams put down around 300-325 rwhp. The figures that Ripp and Magnacharger uses for gains are rwhp not base hp. So going from let's say 300 rwhp to 400+ rwhp would be a gain of at least 100 hp. 5-6k is a lot of money but it's worth it imo for the 100+ extra ponies you get.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Fourth generation rams put down around 300-325 rwhp. The figures that Ripp and Magnacharger uses for gains are rwhp not base hp. So going from let's say 300 rwhp to 400+ rwhp would be a gain of at least 100 hp. 5-6k is a lot of money but it's worth it imo for the 100+ extra ponies you get.
Ahh got ya but ya thats something i wont buy till a stupid programmer comes out

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
the pre-order prices are better...give them a call. Mine was even better b/c they let me delete the Predator due to already owning one.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You could build a stroker motor for around 4k and be able to boost it down the road and make 3 times more power than stock... But thats not in everyones best intrest... And it would be much safer on the motor being forged and having the rings gapped for boost. Piston to Rod separation is never good!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts