DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently purchased the superchip tuner for my 5.9 dodge. Dropped the $300 and got one 3865 superchip. I have a few questions about it. It has the fuel economy mod which i have installed but i mainly bought it for the performance. First i turned off the rev limiter and the speedo limiter but what i really want is to change the shift points. In performance mode i want to be shifting at 6200 rpms not 5k. Ive tried changing it but nothing happens, still shifts at 5k.

Anyone know anything about them?

P.s i know its harder on the truck but i keep her maintained really well and only do this on rare occasions when punk hondas boys try and compete with me.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
No tranny tuning for your truck. You can raise the rev limiter, but you have to shift it manually (I have this same problem with an 03 hemi).

·
Registered
330 Posts
fletcher001, your superchips programmer has a setting for fuel economy? I thought that option was only for the Hemi? If you have that option in your programmer for your 5.9 I'm interested to know more! I'd like to get a little better mpg with my 5.9. Let me know how it works in your truck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
fletcher001, your superchips programmer has a setting for fuel economy? I thought that option was only for the Hemi? If you have that option in your programmer for your 5.9 I'm interested to know more! I'd like to get a little better mpg with my 5.9. Let me know how it works in your truck!
it doesnt...there's no magic tune for more performance AND better fuel economy... this is why these tuners have been out soo long with so little data to show what they actually do... do they work yes but they dont do miracles... when you have the feeling of more power from things like recalculated shift points manipulating the torque converter lockup timing and higher timing advance you will usually tend to get into the gas pedal more because if it... this makes the fuel economy even worse...
If I bought one I would try real hard to see improvements that really might not be significant or even there just to justify it to myself and make myself feel better about the purchase...Thats just me though..

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
I think he means the 87 octane tune.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought this same tuner for my truck, sorely disappointed with the fact they advertise you can do all this, but it won't do anything on my 99 R/T except tune and raise speed and rev limiter..no data log,trans tuning, nothing..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts