Votes: 11 68.8%
  • cortex

Votes: 5 31.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to decide if i want to get a flashpaq or a cortex for my 09 1500 4x4 hemi. what does the cortex have that the flashpaq does not (other than the powertrain warranty)? thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off happy new year. I personally like the cortex. The tech line is great,you can download updates,and best of all....it gave me the option to turn off the mds system. I tried the one from Bully Dog first...and for me anyway it was nothing but problems,and forget help from the tech line. I have had the cortex for a couple of years now with NO problems at all. I hope i was some help brother.:smileup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnks for your input! i am leaning towards the cortex but some people have said dont waste the extra money because its the same as the flashpaq just with a warranty. so thats where im stuck. so i hope this poll and everyones thoughts will help make my decision!

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
thnks for your input! i am leaning towards the cortex but some people have said dont waste the extra money because its the same as the flashpaq just with a warranty. so thats where im stuck. so i hope this poll and everyones thoughts will help make my decision!
^^^ But the warranty is for your truck and not the Cortex. If something happens due to the tune SC will pay the repairs. For me this was worth the extra few bucks.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
^The reason I don't think it's worth it is because in the 5-10 years I've been around SC at the drag strip (probably 15 to 20 vehicles using it) nobody has ever had a problem with it to where it caused damage. But I can understand if you weren't sure the few hundred bucks could be worth saving thousands in damage.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
^The reason I don't think it's worth it is because in the 5-10 years I've been around SC at the drag strip (probably 15 to 20 vehicles using it) nobody has ever had a problem with it to where it caused damage. But I can understand if you weren't sure the few hundred bucks could be worth saving thousands in damage.
^^^ That's good to know,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well this poll is not helping right at the moment haha. its 50/50. there are very good arguments for both models and thats why im stuck between the two! i might just have to call SC and ask them if there are any major differences between the two. thats if they will give me a straight answer and not try to convince me to spend the most money!

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
They are stand up people, they will tell you if you want the power train warranty to buy the cortex, if you don't care about that warranty to buy the flashpaq. I have yet to see anyone with a vivid but would like to hear feedback...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one (VIVID).I refuse to use cell phones so i'd lose some options on the Archos. But blue tooth to the OBD seems cool and it will still wifi. I've looked th the Intune but their forum looks to have some bugs ofcourse with a new release. The vivid will give gauges also so hrd to decide.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So you guys like superchips? From reading on this forum and the other forum, it seems that Diablo is the only way to go...

I can get a superchips cheap from a friend but just from researching it seems it's good for just a basic tune and you cant doing anything custom.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Umm, yeah no plans for cam or anything. I would love it, but this is my DD there's no need for that. lol

Maaaaaaaaybe a supercharger after it's paid off though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So it sounds like the two are basically the same except for the warranty. Is there any reason not to get one of these things used? I've seen a couple Flashpaq's on Fleabay that say they are unlocked...no Cortex's though.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Cortex and flashpaq are basically identical except buying new the cortex comes with a powertrain warranty. You really don't need that. Also, the cortex supports a wider range of vehicles.

You can buy used. Just be sure it is unlocked.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts