DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered the cortex tuner from superchips and was just wondering if i waisted my money??? How noticeable are the gains in each of the settings???

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
In a word Awesome ! Even the 87 performance is a huge improvement over stock. The best performance wise is the 91 performance tune with the MDS turned off. I noticed you have an 11, did you get the tuner for your year ? Have they finally cracked the encryption code on the 11s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im glad to hear that i didnt waste my money. and i did order it for my year the sales rep didnt say anything to me about encryption codes so now i am hoping they did crack them

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
You wasted your money. Their is no tuning available for the 2011+ Rams.

·
Registered
369 Posts
well im glad to hear that i didnt waste my money. and i did order it for my year the sales rep didnt say anything to me about encryption codes so now i am hoping they did crack them
yeah..... what the other guys said. We've all been waiting and waiting for programmers for '11+ and no one has one out yet. I'd say your sales rep lied to you.:doh:

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
There's nothing available for our truck....

What on earth did you buy then???

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I had to check! Superchips web site does not allow you to select 2011 or newer. :(

For awhile there, I thought the 2011+ members had a great option.

Who ever sold you on the Cortex either knows something that even Superchips doesn't know, or made a mistake. :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
I had to check! Superchips web site does not allow you to select 2011 or newer. :(

For awhile there, I thought the 2011+ members had a great option.

Who ever sold you on the Cortex either knows something that even Superchips doesn't know, or made a mistake. :4-dontknow:
^^^^ I did the same as well and could not select 2011+. I do feel bad for you however it looks like the sales rep you dealt with is not fully informed. :doh: The SC cortex is a great tuner so when they do crack the code for the 2011+ I'd say go for it. Hope you can get your money back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys I was in touch with Super Chips and ask when the new programers would be coming out for the 2011 5.7 Hemi's. Well to my displeasure the teck informed me that because of the set up Dodge used from Fiat that the programing industry is more tat likely never going to produce a true "Power Programer for the 2011. Hope Dode regrets buying into Fiat ! If Dodge was smart they whould stick to USA companies for their parts.
Also in my opinion they would be smart on their part to figure out on their own how to come up with a programer before the Dodge Truck falls from the performance world.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Unfortunately it was Fiat that bought into Chrysler Corp to 'bail them out' and now has controlling interest. :( We are stuck with the Fiat mentality at the top of the ladder and they have not historically been a major player in the performance market as we know it. This is a corporate decision on their part and since they were the ones that were financially sound, they are in a great position to impose their thoughts and beliefs to our dismay. :sad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! well next time it looks like i need to my research before my purchases instead of the other way around. i hope i can find some one with a desiel or a later model hemi to buy this piece of crap off me when it gets here. and now its time to call the ******* who sold me this thing and give him an ear full. thanx for all the help everyone.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
^^ just call him and chew his ear off and make them give you your $$ back, all of it including any customs fees or anything AND make them pay to return it. Thats some BS

I know how we can tune our trucks, but im sure no one wants to buy a couple thousand dollar motec piggyback controller :(

There are companies out now that are doing 2010 PCM swaps, it WILL void your warrenty though

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I don't think they'll give you trouble with the return if they really did give you bad info. They are pretty good people there. I'd try being nice first and see where that gets you ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts