DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with Superlift + Bilsteins?

I just ordered a 4" lift kit with bilstein struts from Superlift. I've read through the instructions a few times and the installation doesn't sound too intimidating (not my first lift)

does anyone have any experience with these kits?
anything I should look out for, not covered in the instructions?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i don't ...but would sure like to see the end result when your done. do you have new wheels and tires going on too ? welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep already have the wheels and tires. 35 x 12.5, 18R General AT. and HELO 18 x 9 -12 (4.5" backspace)

·
Registered
17 Posts
6" Superlift, maxed Bilsteins(Superlift uses them or a coil spacer in combination with the strut spacer to obtain the 6" lifted ride height.) 20x10 -24 offset XD Battalions with 37x12.50r20 Nitto Trail Grapplers(had to trim the bumper cover, air dam, and pinch weld at the rear of the front fender due to to much offset. I also had to reshape the fender liner where it bulges over the pinch weld area. In heindsight, I'd run less offset. -12 would have cleared without trimming.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this kit. I think rear coils are sprung to soft. Tons of body roll at hwy speeds with a load in bed. Called superlift they claim to have never heard of this problem and have not changed the rate on their progressive rear coils since introducing this lift. Maybe I got a bad batch of coils but unlikely. Plan on getting airbags for the rear coils since the back end will sag like crazy when towing or with weight in the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts