DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new great cameras for the surround view system, it seems like a missed opportunity is to enable them to record. Even if it was an extra cost, probably one if the best and clean dash cam setups. Probably a first ? Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
301 Posts
With the new great cameras for the surround view system, it seems like a missed opportunity is to enable them to record. Even if it was an extra cost, probably one if the best and clean dash cam setups. Probably a first ? Just a suggestion.
This is a great idea. Curious why no one is doing this as well.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Maybe a lockpick software will enable this

·
Registered
213 Posts
My best educated guess are privacy laws and frivolous lawsuits made when people are recorded without their consent (whether they are in the wrong or not!)
There was one good bad-example several years ago when a valet driver abused a guy's Corvette and the car had a video recording system in it. When challenged with the video proof, the valet guy sued because his privacy was invaded (despite he did abuse the car).
I am sure FCA or any other large-pocketed company would want to stay clear of that wormhole.
However I am sure the aftermarket guys almost have a hack in place to enable that feature...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess there’s no update on this? If anyone has come up with a dvr that can tie into the oem surround camera system? Wouldn’t seem that hard, wiring harness from hell maybe, but doable. Sounds like a good kickstarter project. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts