DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Ram 1500 5.2L 4X4 HD base, brilliant blue, custom offroad bumpers, winch, fat bogger tires.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is the suspension rust too severe. Should I replace the suspension due to the rust? Or is the suspension good enough? all i care is if it would pass a inspection (alberta if that info matters). i just need the truck as a first vehicle. thx

Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior Soil

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
What caused the rust?
Road salt and years of neglect. When i got mine it had rust around the ends of the front axle. When i replaced the ball joints and other things i pressure (sand)blasted it to clean metal and primed and paited it. This was 20 years ago and still no rust. Rust doesn't really effect suspension parts if maintained. getting them off after rusted is another story. With that amount of rust what does the body/frame look like?

·
Registered
1996 Ram 1500 5.2L 4X4 HD base, brilliant blue, custom offroad bumpers, winch, fat bogger tires.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The body is in decent shape and minor rust, and the frame I’m not the most sure it’s in the same shape as the suspension,(I can’t really check it it’s parked an hour and half away from me.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts