DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

2017 Ram 1500

I just ordered the Hellwig Rear Sway Bar. I also ordered the Rear Core 4x4 upper and lower control arm set. My question is has anyone upgraded the Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Rear (Mopar 68041718AC)??
I figured I would upgrade if there was anything out there which I seem to be having a hard time finding.
Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I've installed the Hellwig sway control bar and it is great! A big improvement over the OEM one. I didn't replace the links. I saw that Hellwig sells some adjustable ones for our trucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw they also have the endlinks. The stock height bolt to bolt is 11”1/4”on the endlink. So Hellwig sells adjustable 8-11” and 11-14”. I’m going to call Monday and see if using the 8-11” would be an issue. Would rather have the 8-11” material wise over the extra. Might sound a tad over thought but anyways. Also found out that core 4x4 makes the rear endlinks. Apparently you have to ask for them because it’s not sold from the main page. Regardless gonna call both Monday. Let ya know what I do

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah I saw they also have the endlinks. The stock height bolt to bolt is 11”1/4”on the endlink. So Hellwig sells adjustable 8-11” and 11-14”. I’m going to call Monday and see if using the 8-11” would be an issue. Would rather have the 8-11” material wise over the extra. Might sound a tad over thought but anyways. Also found out that core 4x4 makes the rear endlinks. Apparently you have to ask for them because it’s not sold from the main page. Regardless gonna call both Monday. Let ya know what I do

Spence also sells the rear track bar (panhard), you'll need to give him length dimensions for either one before ordering

·
Registered
238 Posts
I need to get me a hellwig
Ive got one for sale $250.00 plus shipping. only used for about 250 miles. sold the truck thought it would work on the 2500 I bought.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Moog end links, Hellwig rear sway and Spohn adj. panhard. Made a HUGE difference for on-road handling

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there was such a big price gap between the brands. That being said, The Hellwig bar is cheaper but thinner at 7/8" thick. The Roadmaster is 1-1/8" thick. According to most of the websites that sell the Hellwig bar, you only need to buy the end link kit if you have a lift on your truck. Either way, the hellwig seems like a much better deal.

Click the vehicle fit tab on this page and see that it only fits if you have a 2 to 4 inch lift.
https://www.truckspring.com/products/hellwig/sway-bar-7883.aspx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there was such a big price gap between the brands. That being said, The Hellwig bar is cheaper but thinner at 7/8" thick. The Roadmaster is 1-1/8" thick. According to most of the websites that sell the Hellwig bar, you only need to buy the end link kit if you have a lift on your truck. Either way, the hellwig seems like a much better deal.

Click the vehicle fit tab on this page and see that it only fits if you have a 2 to 4 inch lift.
https://www.truckspring.com/products/hellwig/sway-bar-7883.aspx
Also didn’t notice that size upgrade you speak of. I did the Endlinks because they are just straight up better quality. Once you start messing with the rear end you see just how pathetic stock stuff was. I felt a lot better using upgraded Endlinks. And going through the curves now is a lot more fun. Just saying

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mason - Good to know that the end link kit will still fit even if you don't have a lift installed.

Now I am not sure if I will buy the end link it or not. There are good reports from others here who did and did not install the aftermarket end links with the hellwig bar and they all seem to be happy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mason - Good to know that the end link kit will still fit even if you don't have a lift installed.

Now I am not sure if I will buy the end link it or not. There are good reports from others here who did and did not install the aftermarket end links with the hellwig bar and they all seem to be happy.
Yea I wanted the girth with the Hellwig ones. They sell 8-11” and then 11-14”. Stock measures 11”1/4. I ended up going with the 8-11”. They are extended out full. If I would have done it again I would have gone with the 11-14” so the extra would all be inside the endlink. So my recommendation is Hellwig 11-14” Endlinks. No issue with the 8-11” but the 11-14” just have more girth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts