DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I got a great deal on an 08 ram 3500. I really like the way the 4th generation front end looks, quarter panels, hood, grill etc. I'm assuming that the frame hasn't changed much, does anybody have any idea if you could swap all the front body parts out?Would this be a massive project? Am I way off base with a $5000 budget if I do it myself? Thanks for any feed back

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
the body shape and general construction are totally different. you cant hang a 4th gen front end on a 3rd gen without serious mods and it truthfully would not look right.

The only way to do it would be to take the 3rd gens body off the frame, and transplant the 4th gen body, wiring, and interior onto the 3rd gen frame...$$$$$$

IF you do everything yourself and can get the electronics to communicate (gauges to work properly, etc), you can probably do it all for 8k. The cab mounts and bed mounts are in different locations on the 4th gen, so some fabbing would be needed. Also, if your exhaust on your 3rd gen is stock, it will have to be rerouted.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The 02 to 08 front clip would be pretty interchangable, you'd probably have to take the whole clip though to get all the lines to match up. Tha's what he did mostly. 08 style hood and everything else, fabbed in the 4th gen headlights and fiberglassed up a new grille with the new logo in it. Impressive work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts