DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is about to pull the trigger on an '18 with the 8.4 but without NAV. I have a 17 with 8.4 and NAV. He wants my radio and I want his. Beyond what sounds like a VIN reprogram on the truck, what am I missing? Is the GPS antenna built into the radio? I know the Sirius subscription will go with the radio, but am I missing anything else?

Need a quick answer since he is about to pull the trigger, thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Why not just have him use android auto on the 18. Free maps, and no complicated swap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went from no nav 8.4 in my '17 to the UAQ from an '18. I noticed that the screen is sharper in display. I have an android phone and an apple one. The google maps on both phones beat the oem nav hands down. I use the Waze on the android auto all the time. I'm not sure if you can get a dealer to reprogram the radios unless you know someone. Everything transferred over except the uconnect features that also kills the over the air updates. However given that there are a bunch of complaints about the sound quality of the last update, I might have lucked out and will wait for the downloadable version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts