DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Sway bar end links worth it ?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  John Jensen 
#1 ·
I keep seeing these suspensionmaxx Sway bar end links but i cant find any one actually saying if they are worth the money or not. Anyone run these or a similar type and are they better that oem replacements?

#3 ·
I am currently still at stock height. I understand a shorter or longer endlink would work wir lowered or lifted trucks, but will the oe length ones do any good ? the factory end links look pretty skimpy.

#4 ·
If you're stock height then you won't see any benefit going to a stronger endlink unless you do a lot of wheeling where you want to reduce the body roll or have a good chance at bending the rods on rocks or other obstacles. The links may be skimpy but this is where the rod design comes into play, the rods are always experiencing linear tension or compression with minimal shear so they are more than adequate for the load capacity that most people will put on them in normal driving activities.

#6 ·
Thanks for the Info.
Rep Points Given.

#9 ·
I run mine on the middle hole. I have tried the stiffest setting and did not have a severe angle that you mention. Nor would it come close to hitting the differential. If one's truck is stock suspended I see no reason for adjustable end links.

This is not to contradict you, only to share my experience. :)

#8 ·
I have the Hellwig rear sway bar. Since I have this stronger sway bar I felt changing the skimpy OEM end links would be a good idea. Plus I did not like their sloppy rubber bushings. I installed Core (Orange} Rear Sway Bar End Links with Zerk Fittings. Not sure it was necessary but I feel safer and they look cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.