DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
You would be best off sticking with the orange stuff. The different kinds aren't compatible. It's easier to remember what's supposed to being there then what you've switched to when you need more.

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
You really can't go by the color

I believe that our Rams take OAT anti freeze
do not use the Foreign OAT

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Regardless of what you do with your radiator, your engine's water jacket and heater core will still have OAT. I wouldn't mix the ad I don't see a reason to do so.

There has been some confusion as to the correct coolant for our trucks due to color and switching from HOAT to OAT in 2013. Its covered in this thread:

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=241864&page=3

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shortly after purchasing my 2013 RAM p/u, I checked the oil and coolant levels and saw the coolant was pink (5-yr.). The owner's manual stated that the p/u should have the purple, 10-yr. coolant. I took it to a shop to have the cooling system drained, flushed and the manufacturer's required coolant put in the system. When the coolant was drained, it was in fact purple. I had taken samples of the coolant prior to having it drained and put drops of it on white paper... it sure looked pink. Long story short, the system has the correct coolant in it.

Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts