DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. Love the truck, especially now that its paid for. Working to make it a nicer truck and recently completed the switch from manual seats to power, heated and cooled seats. Wiring, connectors and terminals are per the factory wiring diagrams. Everything works except the on/high/low LED indicators in the dashboard switch module. I replaced the switch module but the LEDs still don't light. I am beginning to think this may be an issue with the module under the seat or some other computer / controller that is not communicating property with the switches. Anyone else made this conversion and run into this problem?

Any help would be appreciated

Gfk

·
Registered
565 Posts
Did you have the dealer flash the computer for the options you added? Sounds like thats the issue.

On a side note: whats the part # for the switches you added? I need to add these to mine but can only find the heated option. Not the heated and cooled.

·
Registered
937 Posts
What Jon3sgte said. Anytime you add options to your truck like heated/cooled seats, oem brake controller or heated steering wheel, you will need to have the dealer flash the computer to add that option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is definitely because the sales code hasn't been added to computer. I spent many hours looking into this when I got my hands on a set of heated cooled seat. Where did you get the wiring diagram? I spent a good bit of time looking for one but could never find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking it was the dealer codes. My local dealer has not been helpful with this project- maybe he will reconsider now that everything is working.

I actually purchased a second switch module thinking the first one was faulty due to the LEDs not functioning. I'll sell it to you - part #P04602879AC.

I downloaded the wiring diagrams from Mopar Tech Authority. If you have not used this online manual before, I highly recommend it. If you are diligent, one 24 hour subscription is all you will need to download required wiring diagrams. It is possible to wire it exactly per factory using the factory connectors and terminals. Review the wiring diagrams. Review the connector diagrams too- these are key for identifying the correct pins for the new circuits AND they have the original manufacturers part # so you can track the connectors and terminals down online. Get familiar with the circuits you will need to add before tearing things apart, with a little study, the combination of the wiring diagrams and connector diagrams are all you need to do this job.

I ended up bringing in three new circuits in from the fuse box to the drivers seat. You will have to tap into the CAN circuits, but these run right past the drivers seat. You will have to assemble a wiring harness that runs from the drivers seat "output" to the passenger seat connecting the seat climate controller to the passenger seat. You will have to run two circuits from the drivers seat "output" into the dash and up to the steering column for the heated steering wheel.

It took me about 4 weeks to track down the parts from various suppliers. Most sell 1,000 pieces at a time, but I requested a quote anyway and several were willing to fill my order for just a few pieces. Order several extra- it takes a few tries to get proficient with a terminal crimping tool.

Once I had all of the pieces, it took about 10 hours to do the work.

Gfk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts