DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I've seen a few threads started by members trying to switch from duals to quads but never a post with it successfully done. I went to HID's and while having the housings out all I have is two wires from harness to housing. One for headlights and one for turn signal. The split to lows and highs is done internally in the housing. I would think that the quads would be plug and play but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for you (no pun intended :D)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I upgraded from the duals to the quads recently and it was plug and play. I also upgraded the bulbs following advice I found in this thread.
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86115

It was a great upgrade.
How did you switch from dual to quad i have a 2012 express and ordered some quads thinking the bulb would fit. The hole in the housing of the quad is too small for the h13 bulb. I did some research on the stock bulbs in the quad and they are h11 will they fit in the h13 connector? Im curious how you did the swap help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
In the quad housings you will need H11's for the low beam and 9005's for the high beams. I don't think you can make the H13's from the duals work at all with the new housings.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I made the switch from duals to quads it is plug n play and I did need new bulbs for high and low...don't forget to get the yellow bulbs for the turn signals! I went with silverstar ultras and boy what a difference!!!

h11 will they fit in the h13 connector?
Yes the H11 and 9005's simply plug in, absolutely no wiring or modding required! You won't regret it, no more shadows!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I made the switch from duals to quads it is plug n play and I did need new bulbs for high and low...don't forget to get the yellow bulbs for the turn signals! I went with silverstar ultras and boy what a difference!!!

Yes the H11 and 9005's simply plug in, absolutely no wiring or modding required! You won't regret it, no more shadows!!!

So just to make sure we are on the same page. If the h11 bulb will fit in the h13 connector without any problems. My next question is what kind of problems will i get into putting hids in them? Will the quad hid simply plug into the h13 connector as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts